LATEST UPDATE ON MALAYSIAN CONSTRUCTION LABOUR WAGE RATES SURVEY, PHASE 2/2021 – JULY 2021
We are pleased to inform that the “Malaysian Construction Labour Wage Rates Survey” is jointly conducted by MBAM-CIDB twice-a-year with the objective to gather wage rates of construction workers in Malaysia on a regular basis. These data would serve as an invaluable information and reference for the construction industry.
The data compiled by MBAM covered projects located at the following states:
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Penang, Perak, Melaka, Johor and Pahang.
For the convenience of members, we have segregated the survey into 8 categories of trades namely:
- Mechanical & Electrical;
- Steel Structure;
- Formwork/ Industrialised Building Systems (IBS); and
- Operator (Machinery)
Please feel free to respond to the survey whichever is applicable to your company.
All participants will be awarded a certificate of appreciation and 5 CCD Points. In addition, as an incentive, we will provide KFC Voucher or AEON Voucher to participants who complete the survey. Details as per below:
- RM50 KFC voucher or RM50 AEON voucher will be given to the participants who have completed 100% the survey form for each trade (Building, Civil, M&E, Scaffolding, Steel Structure, Plumbing, Formwork).
- RM100 KFC voucher or RM100 AEON voucher will be given to participants who have completed 100% the survey form for Operator.
- RM450 KFC voucher or RM450 AEON voucher will be given to participants who have completed all the trades (100% completion of the survey form).
- Please refer to the below breakdown for each trade:
- Building- RM50
- Civil- RM50
- M&E- RM50
- Scaffolding- RM50
- Steel Structure- RM50
- Plumbing- RM50
- Formwork- RM50
- Operator- RM100
*The incentive is offered in a first come first serve basis and while stock last. Late submission will not be entertained.
The data/information provided can be based on either one of the following:
- Rate of wages paid to workers currently under your employment or,
- Rate of wages paid by your sub-contractors / suppliers / machine rental.
Other information to be shared:
- Problems faced in the construction industry
- Shortage/Surplus of construction labour, which state?
On behalf of MBAM, we would like to thank you for your kind support and commitment to provide such data information to MBAM and CIDB. Kindly submit the related information by completing the enclosed forms and returning it to MBAM Secretariat on or before 31 July 2021 (Friday). All information provided will be treated strictly as private and confidential. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Sung Suet Yee at 017-5505377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note : Summary survey can be viewed at CIDB Malaysia website: myn3c.cidb.gov.my
Thank you for your co-operation and support.
Download MBAM Circular click here
Download Survey Forms Phase 2 July 2021 click here