PRESIDENT MESSAGE – OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
According to the FAQ by Ministry of Works dated 18 November 2020, swab test is mandatory for foreign workers working in the construction sector and security guards. Any foreign worker or local worker suspected of having Covid-19 symptoms should be immediately isolated and taken for a Covid-19 test swab. Foreign workers and local workers with symptoms need to be certified negative before being allowed to work. Employers and employees need to keep records of the results of previous swab tests for reference by the authorities.
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.