JANUARY 2024 PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
In this brand new year, I would like to take this opportunity to wish our members a prosperous and fulfilling year ahead. I am also pleased to announce that we will be celebrating our 70th Anniversary in 2024 and we hope you will support and join us in the activities planned for this year.
Courtesy Visit to DOSH Director-General, Ir. Haji Mohd Hatta Bin Zakaria
On 08 January 2024, MBAM paid a courtesy visit to the new Director General (DG) of Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), Tuan Ir. Hj. Mohd Hatta Bin Zakaria at DOSH Putrajaya. The MBAM delegation consisted myself together with Deputy President, Mr Kenneth Liew; Vice-President, Mr Richard Wong; Secretary-General, Datuk Astaman Abdul Aziz; Deputy Secretary-General I, Ms Tan Zi Ni; Council Member cum Chairman of Safety & Health Committee, Mr Michael Yap; Council Member & Deputy Chairman of Safety & Health Committee, Mr Alec Chong; Executive Director, Ms Loh Mei Ling and Senior Manager, Ms Chai Min Fung.
Among the matters discussed were issues on SSS Yellow Book online registration; Refresher Course for ex-MBAM Lifting Supervisor Trainees; Competency Training on Trained Person in Excavation & Working at Height; DOSH Proposal to organize an Expo & Seminar on Technology in Safety; Sharing of information on accident cases and lessons learned from Forensic Division, DOSH.
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.