PRESIDENT MESSAGE – FEBRUARY
Early this year, the Government introduced a new policy under the Employer Mandatory Commitment (EMC) where the employers are required to be fully accountable for the foreign workers they hire.The EMC covers all stages, from application, employment and until the foreign workers return to their countries.This move if implemented will switch the payment of levy to the employers instead of the foreign workers and besides holding the employer fully responsible and accountable for their foreign workers. This will also place a great financial burden on the industry.
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.