PRESIDENT MESSAGE – January
I would like to take a moment and thank our secretariat staff, MBAM members and the Government agencies who have made 2017 another fruitful year for MBAM. I am proud of our accomplishments and very appreciative of the support that we have received, as we would not have been as successful without it. MBAM is truly privileged to be in a position to continuously grow despite the uncertainty in the economic climate.
As we close out 2017 and start 2018, it is appropriate for me to reflect upon our successes and highlight our accomplishments and growth for 2017. MBAM have successfully achieved our target to reach out to 14,594 members for this year and have held numerous activities throughout the year. One of the highlight was the successful organization of the inaugural edition of the MBAM Building and Construction Exhibition and Conference which will become a permanent marker in our calendar starting this year.
Thank you for helping MBAM to live up to our tagline as the “Prime Mover and Recognised Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry” through your support and dedication. With that, I wish you a happy New Year and may this New Year bring more prosperity to you and your family!
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.