MESSAGE FROM MBAM PRESIDENT, MR FOO CHEK LEE
Early this year, the Government introduced a new policy under the Employer Mandatory Commitment (EMC) where the employers are required to be fully accountable for the foreign workers they hire. The EMC covers all stages, from application, employment and until the foreign workers return to their countries. This move if implemented will switch the payment of levy to the employers instead of the foreign workers and besides holding the employer fully responsible and accountable for their foreign workers. This will also place a great financial burden on the industry.
Fortunately, after appeals from various industries employers, the Cabinet decided to postpone the EMC to next year. MBAM hopes in future the Government should consult the industry players and understand the issues that the employers faced before introducing a new policy. On a brighter note, we are celebrating the Chinese New Year at the end of this month. I hope this New Year may bring Good Luck and Prosperity to all our members, affiliates, business associates and friends. HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
The Prime Mover and The Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues related to the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
- To promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures & methods in the construction industry.
- To organize training programs, seminars, symposiums, conferences, conventions, exhibitions & expositions related to the construction industry.
- To identify and study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with the relevant government authorities and professional institutions.
- To seek representation on committees concerning the construction industry.
- To protect the legitimate interests of its members.
- To encourage and promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationships.
The scope of the Master Builders Association Malaysia Quality System shall be defined as follows:-
For the provision of Trade Association Services for the Harmonisation, Development and Improvement of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- Membership Services
- Government and Institutions
- Education and Training