PRESIDENT MESSAGE – OCTOBER
We are left with a few more months before we enter 2018. However, October will be a crucial month for this country as the Budget 2018 will be tabled on 27th October 2017. All eyes will be on the Budget 2018 as it will be most interesting to know whether there will be an increase or decrease in the Budget. The Budget 2017 allocated a sum of RM260.8 billion, an increase of 3.4% from the Budget 2016 Recalibration. I am looking forward to see if there are any increase in the Budget for the building and construction industry.
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.