PRESIDENT MESSAGE – November
A total of RM280.25 billion is allocated for Budget 2018 which was tabled on 27th October 2017. This is an increase of RM19.45 billion or 7.45% increase compared to Budget 2017 allocation of RM260.8 billion. According to the 2017/2018 Economic Report, the construction industry is forecasted to grow at 7.5% supported by ongoing infrastructure projects. MBAM fully supported the Government initiatives to adopt digital & mechanization in construction industry which one of the way is through adopt of IBS.
The industry players who adopt and implement the use of Industrialised Building System (IBS) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) should be granted with equipment tax reduction and tax incentives. We believe that mechanisation and automation is the way forward for us to reduce our dependency on the use of foreign labour and to increase productivity and safety in the industry.
The Prime Mover and Recognized Voice of the Malaysian Construction Industry.
- To provide a synergy of services to members for the betterment of the construction industry.
- To actively initiate, support and participate in programmes and activities that enhance professionalism, productivity and quality in the construction industry.
- To address issues in the construction industry to facilitate members in achieving global competitiveness.
The Main objectives of the Association are:
- To promote and Co-ordinate the development of the construction industry.
- To Promote measures aimed at securing improvements pertaining to techniques, procedures and methods in the construction industry.
- To Organise training programmes, seminars, symposia, conferences, conventions, exhibitions and expositions related to the construction industry.
- To Identify and Study problems arising in the construction industry and to discuss and explore solutions with relevant Government authorities and professional institutions.
- To Seek representation on Committees set up by Government or non-Governmental organisations.
- To Protect the legitimate interest of members.
- To Encourage and Promote the practice of professionalism and harmonious working relationship.