MEDIA STATEMENT BY KKR AND MITI – UPDATES IN RELATION TO MCO (1 JUNE – 14 JUNE 2021)
Please find enclosed the media statements by the Ministry of Works (KKR) and Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), both dated 30 May 2021 for your kind attention.
To control the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the construction sector, all construction work nationwide should be stopped during this MCO/PKP period. However, exceptions are granted to the following works listed in Critical Services.
The permitted activities in the Construction Sector are:
- Critical maintenance and repair work, that is, work which if not continued could cause danger or harm to workers, the public or the environment.
- Critical construction works for major public infrastructure.
- Professional services/consultants involved for construction works permitted to operate as listed in items (A) and (B).
- Services in the supply chain involved for construction works that are allowed to operate as in items (A) and (B).
Other key highlights that are relevant to the Construction Sector include the following:
- All contractors involved in the projects listed above must obtain new approval through CIDB CIMS website at cims.cidb.gov.my for the MCO/PKP period starting 1 June 2021.
- For consulting companies (refer item C) and suppliers (refer item D), the application for operating permission must be made through the main contractor who is responsible for entering the information of all consulting companies and service providers related to the project into the system.
- All previous approvals are not applicable during this period.
- Operating hours and permitted employee attendance are as usual but employees/workers capacity is limited to 60% only.
Under KKR, the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) has the power to close/shut down and also impose compounds on construction sites that are found not complying with the prescribed SOPs or commit any offense under Act 520 (Malaysian Construction Industry Development Board Act), Act 446 (Employees’ Minimum Standards of Housing, Accommodations and Amenities Act 1990) and Act 342 (Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988).
For updated information, members can access links below:
- MKN: https://www.mkn.gov.my/web/ms/sop-perintah-kawalan-pergerakan/
- CIDB: https://www.cidb.gov.my/ms/pkp-kebenaran-beroperasi
- MITI: https://t.co/3GJqSEuN4A
We kindly urge members to comply with all the directives made by the Government. MBAM is monitoring the situation closely. We thank you for your support and patience as we work together to bring you the latest update regarding the Malaysian construction industry.
Members may contact MBAM Secretariat for assistance or clarification on the recent SOPs issued by the Government.
|Name:||Ms Loh Mei Ling||Name:||Mr Lenny Lim|
|Designation:||Executive Director||Designation:||General Manager|
|Mobile:||+6012-321 5377||Mobile:||+6012-620 5377|
Stay safe and stay healthy.
Download MBAM Circular 072 click here
Download Media Statement by KKR click here
Download Media Statement by MITI click here