NEW REGULATION RELATED TO CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY:-
SOLID WASTE AND PUBLIC CLEANSING MANAGEMENT (SCHEME FOR CONSTRUCTION SOLID WASTE REGULATION 2018)
We wish remind all members that the “Solid Waste and Public Cleansing Management (Scheme for Construction Solid Waste Regulation 2018)” has come into operation on 1st November 2018 via Federal Government Gazette P.U. (A) 279 dated 31st October 2018.
Please be informed that the Department of Enforcement & Regulatory under the Ministry of Housing & Local Government (KPKT) will commence the enforcement by end of November 2019 by issuing compound to vendor/ contractor who failed to comply with the above regulation. A copy of the enforcement timeline by KPKT/ SWCorp (Solid Waste Management Malaysia is as per Chart 1.
Action will be taken to vendor / contractor who failed to comply the following:-
- It is obliged to appoint a licensee for collection services
- Obligations relating to management construction of solid waste construction
- Duty to comply with notice
- Duty to keep records relating to collection services
- Obligations relating to the manner of undertaking or providing collection services
- Obligations relating to the collection service vehicle
- Obligations relating to construction solid waste spills or seepage materials
- Obligations relating to records
- Duty of Licensee for Transfer Station
- Duty of Licensee for Transport Services by Remote Transport
- Duty of Licensee for Processing and Disposal Facilities
Kindly be informed that a compound up to RM5,000 per offence (to be confirmed) will be issued to vendor/ contractor who failed to comply the above regulations. We shall forward the copy of final guideline and procedure to all members once it is available.
Meanwhile, vendor/ contractor who wish to register as a license vendor is requested to register with the Solid Waste Management Corporation (website: http://www.swcorp.gov.my/).