MALAYSIAN CONSTRUCTION LABOUR WAGES RATES SURVEY, PHASE I/2019 : JANUARY 2019
MBAM and CIDB are jointly conducting the above-mentioned biannual survey for January 2019. Data on daily wages paid by employers as at 1st January 2019 to skilled and semi-skilled, local and foreign workers in Malaysia will be collected.
MBAM is collecting data in the states of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Penang, Perak, Melaka, Johor and Pahang to be forwarded to CIDB. MBAM members or non-members are urged to provide the minimum, maximum and average wages paid to workers for each category and give remarks or notes for any discrepancy if required.
Manpower pay movement in the industry is monitored closely by authorities and industry players. This survey plays an important role in studying the current construction cost development and manpower requirement during the challenging times. Survey results will be submitted to related authorities such as Bank Negara Malaysia, Ministry of Finance, Malaysia (MOF), Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia (MOHR) and etc. for policy decisions.
MBAM and CIDB appreciate your support and commitment to further improve the industry. All information provided by members will be treated strictly as private and confidential.
Please note that: –
1. The daily wage rates is referring to the basic labour costs payable by contractors to daily paid workers before deduction of SOCSO, EPF, foreign workers work permit, insurance and etc. for foreign workers.
2. The average rate of wages can be the rate of majority workers being paid or an average of all workers paid to the specific category of trade.
3. How to get worker wages rates: –
- Rate of wages paid to workers currently under your employment or,
- Rate of wages paid by your sub-contractors / suppliers / machine rental or,
- Based on your knowledge on the current market rate paid or,
- Based on the rate that you are willing / ready to pay.
4. Skill levels refer to the years of working experience or CIDB National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS).
We would appreciate if you could forward the related information by returning the completed enclosed forms to MBAM Secretariat on or before 8 March 2019 (Friday).
For further information, please contact:
Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM)
No. 2-2 (2nd Floor), Jalan 2/109E,
Desa Business Park,
58100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03 -7984 8636
Fax : 03- 7982 6811 / 9811
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Manager : Mr. Mohd Farhan Bin Muhammad Din
Admin Officer : Ms. Sung Suet Yee