LATEST PROCEDURE ON THE ENTRANCE OF FOREIGN NATIONALS TO MALAYSIA
As you are aware, the Government has announced that the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) has commenced from 10 June 2020 to 31 August 2020. And during this RMCO period, entry of foreign nationals into Malaysia is still not allowed under the directive issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia dated 17 March 2020.
However in order to support the opening of the economic sector, the Immigration Department of Malaysia has advised that some categories of foreign nationals like expatriate and Malaysia My Second Home pass holder are allowed to enter Malaysia subject to the approval from the Director General of Immigration Department of Malaysia (KPI). The following is the summary of procedures for entrance of foreign nationals to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period:
|No.||Category of foreigner nationals||Status of valid pass||New application/Expired|
|1.||Permanent Resident||No need approval from KPI||Application to KPI|
|2.||Diplomat||No need approval from KPI||Application to KPI|
|3.||Long Term Pass (Husband/wife)||No need approval from KPI||Application to KPI|
|4.||Employment Pass (Expatriate)||Need approval from KPI||Application to KPI|
|5.||Malaysia My Second Home Pass||MOTAC’s approval||Not allowed|
|6.||Others long term pass holder:
||Need approval from KPI||Not allowed|
Applicants who have successfully applied to enter Malaysia must follow the following procedures before arrival to Malaysia:
- Undergo PCR test or swab test for Covid-19 and tested negative three (3) days before entering Malaysia.
- Download MySejahtera application in smartphone and fill up all the information required.
Applicants must also show the above information to the Immigration Officer during entrance and comply with the following requirements:
- Show the approval letter/email from Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Undergo Covid-19 screening test at the entrance gate.
- Observe self-quarantine at home for 14 days and follow the quarantine procedures set by NADMA and MOH.
- Follow all the entrance to Malaysia procedures and immigration inspection.
For further clarification on the above matter, please contact Manager, Mr. Mohd Farhan at 03-79848636 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download MBAM Circular click here