LATEST UPDATE AS OF 24 JUNE 2020 ENTRY PERMISSION FOR EXPATRIATES WITH AN ACTIVE PASS AND APPROVED APPLICATION WHO ARE ABROAD
The Immigration Department of Malaysia on 24 June 2020 informed that the entry permission for expatriates as announced by the Government of Malaysia for expatriates to enter Malaysia without the need to apply for permission as outlined in the Guidelines during the Movement Control Order (MCO) period are for the following pass categories:
- Employment Pass Category I (EP I), Dependants and Foreign Maids
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T), Dependants and Foreign Maids
While for expatriates with EP II and EP III with dependants and their foreign maids, Professional Visit Pass (PVP), & Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) children above 18 years old / parents / parents in-Law are subject to the entry approval from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Please refer to the attached Guideline for the Entry of Expatriate.
Entry, as stated above must comply with the following criteria:
- Entry is only permitted for those who are currently holding a valid pass or an approved pass application.
- Must be tested negative for Covid-19 through the PCR Covid-19 Swab Test within three (3) days before entering Malaysia.
- To download “MySejahtera” App and complete the relevant details.
- Self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days (except for EP I and RP-T from Green Zone countries, i.e. Australia, Brunei, New Zealand and Singapore).
- Self-quarantine is not required for Professional Visit Pass (PVP) holders entering the country for emergency work. However, they are required to leave the country once the assignment has been completed.
- The list of Green Zone countries may change from time to time base on updates from the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Application for entry permission has to be submitted by the company, together with a Support Letter from the relevant Approving Agency or Regulatory Body according to the respective sector. The application must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain the decision of the Director General of Immigration Department Malaysia (DGIM).
Please refer to Appendix A for the detailed information.
The entry permission will be effective from 24 June 2020.
For more details, please refer to the following link:
Download MBAM Circular click here