INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN WORK BASED LEARNING (WBL) PROGRAMME FOR BACHELOR IN CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY, POLITEKNIK UNGKU OMAR (7TH COHORT)
Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) in collaboration with Politeknik Ungku Omar (PUO) is appealing to MBAM Members’ Companies to participate in the coming 7th Cohort of Work Based Learning (WBL) Programme.
The objectives of WBL Programme are:
- To strengthen and enhance collaborative activities towards human capital development in the construction industry
- To help students develop workplace skills through real-life practices and implementation of theoretical lessons and principles.
- To develop the student’s career awareness while providing working experience that will help them to find a good career fit.
- To develop the student’s interpersonal skills.
- To assist in the effort of delivering graduates that meet the construction industry’s needs- to provide the opportunity for the industry to identify potential employees.
There are still 17 students in the Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology with Honours degree programme available for placement at Members’ Companies for the duration of 20 weeks + 20 weeks starting from 20 September 2021 to 11 June 2022. Participating companies will receive a Certificate of Collaboration from PUO during the participation signing ceremony.
Please consider to give an opportunity for our WBL students to work, learn and develop their knowledge in your company. Their monthly allowance is only RM800.00 per month. If their performance is good, you may absorb them into your workforce in due course.
Interested companies are requested to complete the enclosed reply slip on or before 16 August 2021 (Monday). For further information, please feel free to contact Ms Jocelyn Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 012-699 1896 or Ms Chai Min Fung (email@example.com) at 012-717 0377.
Download MBAM Circular and reply slip click here