ADHERENCE TO THE CONDITIONAL MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO) BY THE MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT
Following the announcement made by the Honourable Prime Minister today at 11.00 am, it has now been declared that the nation will be on the Conditional MCO. Almost all economic sectors and business activities including the construction sector will be allowed to resume business, subject to conditions and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) begins 4 May 2020.
Starting 4 May 2020, companies only need to declare company information and agree with the SOP compliance pledge at http://notification.miti.gov.my/. Companies do not have to rush and can take its time to fill up company information via the link given until 12 May 2020. Companies that have applied to operate before this, do not have to make company declaration.
The type of activities that are not allowed related to the construction industry as per the following:
- Centralised Labour Quarter (CLQ) / hostel / workers dormitories in the manufacturing and other sectors
- Welcome Visitors
- Social and sports activities in group setting
- Prayers Event / Other types of worship activities
- Machinery installation and maintenance (elevators, escalators, boilers etc.) for the service sector / tower crane at construction site
- Perform work in groups of more than 10 people
- Mining and Quarrying
- New Application for Theory and Practical Exam (Explosion)
The list by the National Security Council (NSC) will be updated from time to time, depending on current health conditions and business availability. Therefore, members are encouraged to check on the full list of businesses and activities that will not be allowed at NSC website www.mkn.gov.my for any update on the SOP.
MBAM members are encouraged to adhere to the directives made by the Government.
Download MBAM Circular click here
Download SOP on Restarting of Economy click here
Download SOP for the construction industry by the Ministry of Works Malaysia click here