UPDATES IN RELATION TO THE MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO 3.0)
Please find enclosed all the new and updated official documents by the Government for your kind attention.
- General Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) updated 22 May 2021 click here
- Media Statement by the Ministry of Works (KKR) in Malay dated 24 May 2021 click here
- SOP for Construction Industry updated 24 May 2021 click here
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) dated 24 May 2021 click here
- SOP for Manufacturing and Related Services Sector updated 24 May 2021 click here
The above SOPS are effective starting 25 May 2021 until 7 June 2021.
Key highlights that are relevant to the Construction Sector include the following:
- Operating hours, attendance and capacity of employees/workers are limited to 60% on site and operating hours are subject to determination by local authorities.
- Patients under Investigation (PUI) and Persons under Surveillance (PUS) are not allowed to go to work and have to undergo a period of isolation set by the Ministry of Health.
- All construction workers are not allowed to move from one construction site to another.
- Provide workers’ transportation vehicles to ensure the movement of workers is limited to movement between workers’ accommodation or Centralized Workers’ Quarters (CLQ) with the construction site only. Vehicles should be cleaned and disinfected each time they are used and recorded for inspection purposes.
- Construction workers must be monitored and made sure not to mix with the locals. Therefore, the contractor is responsible for ensuring that the daily needs of the employees such as food and personal hygiene requirements are provided and not interrupted.
Under KKR, the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) has the power to close/shut down and also impose compounds on construction sites that are found not complying with the prescribed SOPs or commit any offense under Act 520 (Malaysian Construction Industry Development Board Act) and Act 446 (Employees’ Minimum Standards of Housing, Accommodations and Amenities Act 1990).
For updated information, members can access links below:
- MKN: https://www.mkn.gov.my/web/ms/sop-perintah-kawalan-pergerakan/
- CIDB: https://www.cidb.gov.my/ms/pkp-kebenaran-beroperasi
- MITI: https://t.co/3GJqSEuN4A
We kindly urge members to comply with all the directives made by the Government. MBAM is monitoring the situation closely. We thank you for your support and patience as we work together to bring you the latest update regarding the Malaysian construction industry.
Members may contact MBAM Secretariat for assistance or clarification on the recent SOPs issued by the Government.
|Name:||Ms Loh Mei Ling||Name:||Mr Lenny Lim|
|Designation:||Executive Director||Designation:||General Manager|
|Mobile:||+6012-321 5377||Mobile:||+6012-620 5377|
Stay safe and stay healthy.
Download MBAM Circular 068 click here