ADHERENCE TO THE MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER BY THE MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT
Following the announcement made by the Honourable Prime Minister yesterday on 16th March 2020 at 10.00pm, it has been declared that the entire country will be on a Movement Control Order starting from 18th March until 31st March 2020 as precautionary measures by the Malaysian Government to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and safeguard the health of our communities.
MBAM members are encouraged to adhere to the directives made by the Government. For more information, members can refer to the following websites from time to time:
- National Security Council – www.mkn.gov.my
- Ministry of Works – www.kkr.gov.my
- Ministry of Human Resources – www.mohr.gov.my
- Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia – www.cidb.gov.my
- Ministry of Health – www.moh.gov.my
Any enquiries on the Movement Control Order can be directed to the National Operations Management Centre at hotline 03-8888 2010.
However, members (including but not limited to those involved directly in the construction industry) are advised to take the following measures:
- To control and ensure the safety and health, and security as well as fire protection at work site throughout this period;
- To ensure all construction works are free from any damage or possibility from being stolen;
- To ensure documents and project records are safe at work site;
- To record photos of project progress at work site on the current day;
- To take all necessary steps to ensure that all of your obligations to the work are continued after the prohibition directives
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, MBAM is monitoring the situation closely. We thank you for your support and patience as we work together to bring you the latest update regarding the Malaysian construction industry.
Download MBAM Circular click here