[Info Sharing] SURVEY ON BURSA MALAYSIA’S SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING FRAMEWORK
Bursa Malaysia’s Sustainability Reporting Framework (“the Framework”) comprising of amendments made to the Listing Requirements, the Sustainability Reporting Guide and Sustainability Toolkits, was introduced back in 2015. Since then, there has been tremendous developments and growth in the sustainability ecosystem including:
- Developments in the international sustainability reporting ecosystem with sustainability framework setters working towards a comprehensive, global set of sustainability-reporting standards;
- Heightened expectations and demands from key capital market stakeholders such as investors, government agencies, civil society organisations and others; and
- Evolution of our listed issuers’ (“PLCs”) sustainability-related practices and disclosures over time.
With the above in mind, Bursa Malaysia is undertaking a review of the Framework with a view of enhancing the availability, quality, and comparability of sustainability disclosures in the Malaysian capital market. This survey is primarily intended to facilitate the provision of:
- Enhanced disclosures by PLCs to address the informational needs of key capital market stakeholders; and
- Up-to-date guidance to PLCs to further support them along their sustainability journey.
In this regard, Bursa Malaysia has commissioned KPMG Management & Risk Consulting Sdn. Bhd. (“KPMG”) to conduct the aforementioned survey. We strongly hope that you will participate in the survey via the following link:-
We hope members can submit the survey no later than 6.00 pm on Wednesday, 15 September 2021. Please rest assured that all responses will be kept confidential by KPMG as the goal of this survey is to address the sustainability information needs/expectations of key stakeholders across the Malaysian capital market ecosystem.
For general enquiries, please email MBAM General Manager, Mr Lenny Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download MBAM Circular click here